The Parliament House is a very busy and exciting place to work. When the Parliament is sitting—meeting—about 4000 to 5000 people work in Parliament House every day, including:
- members of parliament and their staff
- parliamentary officers, such as the Clerks, the Serjeant-at-Arms and the Usher of the Black Rod
- public servants, such as advisers and researchers
- the press gallery—media—who report about the work of Parliament
- employees who provide services such as broadcasting, computing, cleaning and catering.
All of these people help the Parliament to work and make decisions for the country.