Thanks for your question.
The Australian Parliament is a very busy and exciting place to work. When the Parliament is sitting, or meeting, about 4000 – 5000 people work in Parliament House every day, including:
- members of parliament and their staff
- parliamentary officers, such as the Clerks, the Serjeant-at-Arms and the Usher of the Black Rod
- public servants, such as advisers and researchers
- the press gallery (media) who report about the Parliament to Australians
- employees who provide services such as broadcasting, computing, cleaning and catering.
You can find all the current members of the House of Representatives here.
To find all the current senators go here.
You can find out about some other important people who work in parliament here.
All of these people help the Parliament to work and make decisions for the country.